About the Book

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Miss You, Daddy..

When i'm writing this little piece of my mind, I'm dropping tears away. This morning I browsed up some latest Indonesian news on an online site, and I happened to find a picture, a picture of a figure I miss so much. He seems somebody I fail to think of, forget about, during I reside here in Vienna. It's bapak, that's the way I call my beloved father. He looks very pale in that picture, but still the face has its strength to bring up his appearance, the never changed one I  believe. Bapak, if you happened to read this writing, I'd like you to know how much I miss you dearly, bapak. Time to time, a journey after another you passed by , you remain unchanged as you used to be. Despite the phony many time challenged you, you keep your name, amien rais, attached yourself as the name meant to be. Ich bin stolz auf dich, Vater. I'm proud of you, Bapak. Knowing that there are still a lot of people out there doubt your integrity and truthfulness to this nation, sometimes makes me greatly down. But as you once told me this saying; " every battle against the badness for the sake of the good, takes a never ending journey , even more so takes up the whole lifetime ". And this is what you are working on now, forward and always forward, go catching every drop of hope. A hope for the national sovereignty.
Dear all of you, at times little do we, his sons and daughters, think what he has done worthwhile for the country since numbers of negative response bounce back. Long long way has he gone through, but all in vain. Even so, I once grumbled about this awry decision he made, countless time, and asked him to give no more damn to this country. Yet he declined, he said what he's working on is not merely being on top, nor chasing a victory of all, nor even a leader of others, but a journey of endeavors. To me, this mindset seems still, a worthless one, as I'm but a young girl with lack knowledge beyond. However, I wish I could reach out the way he thinks, in fact, he's really a traveller, of a never ending story. Love you, Bapak. 

3 comments:

Arishanti writes . . . said...

Hai hai hai ....

Just wanted you to know that I have always been there, with the other people supporting the never ending journey your father has decided to go through. To me, he is the best figure Indonesia ever had.

Anyway ... your writing is very touching. I cried when reading this. Glad to read your writings.
And hey ... I am Alfa.

Islamic Education said...

Father; the one who seems to be cruel, but he actually takes care of us and we nearly don't know that.

renata said...

hai mbak alfa... thanks for your comment on my blog.. Still active writing? Keep writing mbak alfa...
Btw, u are so gorgeous on your headscarf ....