About the Book

Sunday, July 6, 2008

An Overview


Never a thing crossed on my mind I would deal with Austria at this age.It was all started off by my husband's scholarship acceptance. By October 2007, he had to move away to Vienna, Austria for his good, 3 years ahead from the first day campus on October 1, 2007. As for me, it was such a complicated sense to say, be happy or otherwise. In one hand, it was a golden challenge to be fulfilled, a rare opportunity one could ever make for. Yet a decision to say 'yes' over that offer meant more than a lot. It required him to release the comfort he managed to do over the years in Jakarta, to set down the brilliant job he was currently working with, abandon friends and colleagues he shared problems with. A setback? Nope, he said briefly. He had punched the decision to leave those things at all costs. In short, no pain no gain, that's how you may say.
On the other hand, I was always addressing this question to my self despite of the decision making back then. 'What about me, I had also a career, a brightening future wanted' , I suppose. I could say that the decision came up right away , shortly after my joy, my excitement, my imagination initially lived up, and spiced. I worked as a reporter and newscaster at TV station, I loved my job, I liked the workplace, didn't mind with people who always issue this opinion to me,' Hey Hanum, you are a dentist, what makes you out of your mind doing such those tiring works? A journalist? You won't earn a thing". That really pissed me off though it's plausible:). Well, I always smiled a bit and then immediately back to my nature. My husband always says, ' When you have a dream, you must protect it". Yes, in the true sense of the word, I will always somehow protect my dream as the way I protect my self.  And it was, though a tough one to be done. It sometimes takes you a grand bill to gain the most grand new one. And it goes the same with me. 
Thus, Ich mochte hier mein Wunschtraum aufschreiben, I 'd like to share my dream all about in this writing, part by part of my mini life. Hoping that later my saga would entirely give me a powerful charge to live on.



1 comment:

iae said...

Hi hanum..salam kenal, tulisannya bagus..nice quote from your hubby,
We must protect our dream..
-irma-