About the Book

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Death Sentence


The news of the imminent death penalty for the two Sumiarsih and Sugeng, mother and son have put me in a feeling like heading to the same thing. I sort of project my self to become like the two convicts who seemingly to meet their last terminal that draws nearer and nearer. Well, it sort of drives me these recent days. I'm so eager for their updated news time to time on an online web. How could human beings deal with their own death which they know it beforehand completely with the exact time, date and minute? My teacher teaching the religion subject in SMA once told me that naturally we experience the small death everyday during sleep. Only the hurt we don't suffer from the small death since the real death itself takes the most painful thing in one's life than any, even the most honorable and noble prophet Muhammad suffered from the death when the angle sorrowfully had to take the prophet's being. Death is not a matter of going away and disappear from the blatant world. Death naturally arrives at any time and any where, can't not be expected and predicted. That only God the Almighty owns the privilege. All we should do is none but solely doing good deeds and piety to others in our whole lifetime so that we are prepared as the eternity comes upon. More or less, this issue of death sentence has sparked me a new bearing. I have to be better and better ahead, in terms of everything but good. Truly saying, if I might bargain, I would like God not to take my life at this moment since I have got still fewer savings, and therefore in the rest of my life, I'd deposit more and more good endeavor to my life account. May God watch over me and keep shielding me from being a sinner. Amiiieeeen...

No comments: